Saturday, January 8, 2011

GC 85 - Hot Beverages

'Angelina liked her men like her coffee - strong and dark!'

The Gingersnap Challenge was to create something about your favourite hot beverage - there was no doubt what mine is.  Now, don't get me wrong, I like tea and drink lots of it, but there is no contest when coffee is involved - I LOVE COFFEE!  And, I am a coffee snob; I like dark roast, strong coffee.  I have my favourite coffee place in Vancouver, The Continental, an Italian cafe that really only sells coffee.  It was in Vancouver long before Starbucks and has its own following.  I get my Suprema or Peruvian Organic beans from them.   My morning ritual is to grind my beans and I think I go into a Zen-like state as I pour boiling water through my cone filter...ahh, is it morning yet? 

One of my Christmas gifts from Randy was a selection of Continental beans - the perfect gift for me!
Everything I used on this tag was from coffee bags or cup sleeves or coffee brochures.  Have a great day and enjoy your favourite hot beverage - you know I will be!  Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. Rhonda, I love the tag & your post! I especially like the fact that you used recycled coffee materials to create it.

    Speaking of coffee:
    I'm a coffee lover as well. I usually get French Roast coffee beans. I also grind the beans -there's nothing like it! Do you have a special coffee maker that you like? If so, I'd love to hear about it sometime...

    Thank you for sharing your lovely artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now isn't he so thoughtful. Your tag is great.You are so talented at collage! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific tag, Rhonda! I'd say your sure are a coffee lover! Thanks for playing along with us at Gingersnap Creations :-)

    ReplyDelete